Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Recipe

Do you have a go-to recipe that everyone loves and always turns out amazing? This slow cooker salsa chicken is one of my favorites.

It always tastes great and you can use the chicken in so many different ways. The best part about this recipe is that it only has two ingredients and you don’t even have to remember to thaw the chicken.

I don’t know about you, but I always seem to forget to thaw the meat the day or two before. I don’t like leaving any kind of meat on the counter to thaw so that means I have to change up what we are eating for dinner that night.

With this crock pot chicken you can put the chicken in completely frozen! If you do have thawed chicken I would adjust the cooking time and make it a little shorter.

slow cooker salsa chicken

Also this recipe is truly two ingredients. Have you ever found a “two ingredient’ recipe but then realized they didn’t include the spices? That drives me CRAZY!

This slow cooker chicken is truly two ingredients, chicken and a jar of salsa. The more chicken you have the more salsa you need, but I digress.

Below the recipe I’ve included multiple dinner ideas for your salsa chicken.

slow cooker salsa chicken
Print

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Recipe

Two ingredient delicious chicken!
Course Dinner
Cuisine Mexican
Keyword chicken
Cook Time 8 hours
Servings 8
Cost $8

Equipment

  • Slow Cooker

Ingredients

  • 4 Chicken Breasts
  • 1 32 oz Jar of Salsa

Instructions

  • Use a crock pot liner or spray crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
  • Place chicken breasts in crock pot.
  • Pour the entire jar of salsa over the chicken.
  • Add enough water to make sure all the chicken is covered by salsa/ water.
  • Cook on low in your slow cooker for 6-8 hours depending on the size of your chicken breasts.

I always start my meat in a crock pot on high for about an hour, then change the temperature to low. I have no idea why I do this, but it’s what I’ve always done.

Once the chicken is cooked you’ll want to shred it with a fork . The chicken should pull apart easily. I let the chicken soak in the salsa mixture on warm for about 30 minutes for serving.

You can serve this salsa chicken several different ways. My favorite way is chicken tacos. Set out all your taco fixings (beans, corn, salsa, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, guacamole) and some soft and hard taco shells and let everyone put together their own taco.

You can also use the chicken to make chicken nachos, chicken burritos, or even a spicy southwest chicken salad.

If you don’t have a jar of salsa (shame on you) you can still make this recipe! You can substitute the salsa with a jar of Rotel or any diced tomatoes and a pack of taco seasoning. You’ll probably want to add a little extra garlic, salt and pepper as well.

The post Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Recipe appeared first on The Happy Housewife™ :: Cooking.

  

Related Stories



from The Happy Housewife (Full Feed) https://ift.tt/2QN59wh

No comments:

Post a Comment